We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
To give a unique look to a garden or garden plot, it is not enough to plant it with green spaces and build a high fence. The end result will be pleasing to the eye only if the site is decorated with special decorative elements, which are usually called small architectural forms in landscape design (abbreviated as MAF).
Regardless of whether it is a summer cottage for performing numerous chores or if it turns out to be a garden zone for relaxation, the house territory always needs to be ennobled. An excellent option to give the site an unusual and attractive appearance is the construction of a variety of architectural structures.
LFAs are special constructions of various shapes and sizes, the main task of which is to decorate and complement the site. Architectural elements, in addition to the aesthetic function, are capable of performing a practical one, due to which it is possible to delimit the territory or any separate structures without much effort.
The main advantage of the IAF is that people with completely different incomes can afford to decorate a site. After all, architectural elements are selected and built not only taking into account the landscape and the size of the territory, but also the financial capabilities of the owner of the site. Now you can not only order from specialists, but also independently make small architectural forms with your own hands. In this case, the final result will depend not only on the available material, but also on the imagination of the owner of the garden plot.
The versatility of decorative elements erected in the adjacent areas allows you to create a unique look for any territory. This is due to the fact that the IAF are called upon to fulfill several basic tasks, which are as follows:
- For daily use, it is customary to use universal types of small landscape forms. For example, garbage cans, benches, flowerpots, borders, lanterns, stairs and much more.
- For direct decoration of the territory, it is customary to use decorative types of small landscape elements. These include the construction of pools, ponds, fountains, sculptures, fences, artificial streams and more. Often, these decorative elements become a simple decoration of areas that do not perform special design functions.
- For quick and complete improvement of gaming and sports fields, it is customary to erect functional gaming and sports architectural structures. For example, slides, swings, sandboxes, courts, Swedish walls and so on.
Currently, there are many diverse design designs that help solve issues with decorating sites. The main thing to remember is that the choice of architectural elements for a summer house and garden largely depends on the size of the plot, the general style of the territory, the needs of the owner and other similar factors.
Materials for the manufacture
Production of landscape forms can be made from completely different materials. And the most memorable and unusual will be precisely those decorative elements that are made of the most junk materials. The main thing is that the constructed architectural elements should be harmoniously combined with the general concept of the site design and be comfortable during use.
Most commonly used materials:
- Small architectural forms made of concrete or natural stone are perfect for the construction of high fences and fences, borders, flowerpots, columns, flower girls, fountains, waterfalls, ballot boxes and so on. Concrete for architecture makes it possible to translate the most daring design ideas into reality. Due to its unique qualities - strength and durability, concrete and stone products can remain unchanged for many years and delight the eye. Architectural elements from this material can have not only practical, but also artistic purpose.
- Decorative elements made of various natural materials, such as wood or vines, are perfectly combined with the natural space of any site, and also contribute to creating an atmosphere of naturalness and unity with nature. In addition, the tree is an environmentally friendly and safe material, so it is ideal for the construction of decorative structures in children's and playgrounds. Very often MAFs from wood are used for the manufacture of arbors, benches, awnings, bridges and other similar architectural elements.
- The most versatile material for the manufacture of landscape forms is metal. Due to the fact that the metal has special quality characteristics, it produces unique architectural forms that can satisfy the most unusual needs. From this material you can make any element of decor for the site from fences, arbors, flower girls, lanterns, and ending with barbecues, garden furniture, barbecue and so on.
Choose the right one decor element for the garden or cottages are very difficult, since they differ not only in their shapes and sizes, but also in their intended purpose. After all, it is very important in the process of upgrading the site to comply with the concept of designing the territory and adhere to the general rules for the placement of the IAF.
Rules for placement on the territory
Regardless of which particular decorative element is planned to be placed, it is always necessary to take into account several basic nuances that will help to maintain a harmonious appearance of the entire site. Namely:
- general background of the garden;
- dimensions, color and shape of the architectural structure;
- the presence of nearby buildings;
- adjoining green spaces;
- in which place it is planned to place the IAF;
- The purpose of placing the architectural form: practical or aesthetic.
All decor elements that will be built on the site should blend in harmoniously and in no case violate the overall perception of the garden as a whole. Therefore, this process is best trusted by professionals, especially ifif it is planned to erect volumetric and large-sized objects on the site. For example, arbors, ponds or attics.
The main varieties of architectural forms
There are many diverse landscape elements for decorating the garden, differing among themselves by the material of manufacture, shapes, dimensions and color palette. However, the following types of MAF are the most popular today:
- Decor elements for the design of playgrounds, which will be especially useful where children are present. These include children's swings, horizontal bars, the Swedish wall, sandboxes, ladders, a mini-pool, benches and other similar architectural structures. Before the construction of the IAF, it should be remembered that such a complex needs to be built on a large territory, and it will require considerable financial costs.
- The arches, which most often serve as an excellent support for various climbing plants, will look very elegantly on the garden plot. In addition, the design is perfect for delimiting the territory at the border of functional zones, for example, at the entrance to the green garden. And if you build several arches at once along the path, you can get an unusual tunnel that will shelter in the summer heat from the sultry sun. Arches can be made of decorative stone or concrete, metal or wood - it all depends on the budget of the owner of the site.
- The most simple in terms of construction are pergolas - decorative forms made of materials such as wood, metal or plastic. Pergola is a common canopy on tall posts, consisting of several arched structures that are connected to each other through jumpers. As a rule, climbing plants are planted next to this form, which are able to turn the structure into an amazing green corridor. In addition, the pergola serves as an excellent decoration for any garden, and also allows you to hide from the scorching sun and strong wind.
- A great addition to any landscape design can be a bridge. This part of the decor can be made of stone, concrete or metal. It is installed near artificial reservoirs or streams and is located on landscape style sites.
- Recently, a fashionable trend has been the placement of sculptures in summer or garden plots. These decor elements can be in the form of completely different figures: mermaids, fairy-tale characters, forest nymphs, gnomes and so on. They can be of simple shapes and sizes. Main ruleto always stick to in the case of placing sculptures on the site, they should not violate the general style of the garden. Indeed, not every sculpture can harmoniously fit into the interior of the infield. The manufacturing material of these architectural forms can be different from gypsum or clay, and ending with ordinary plastic. Some craftsmen make sculptures from completely non-standard materials: old tires, bottles, driftwood and so on.
- Fences and fences are landscape elements designed to delimit or shelter the territory. They can have non-standard sizes and dimensions and can be made of iron, wood, plastic or stone. Small fences can be installed as a separation of the structural elements of the site, for example, flower beds, flower beds or other functional areas.
- To properly enrich the site and give it attractiveness will help competently placed flowerpots. Moreover, any design of non-standard shapes and sizes can serve as a flowerpot: logs, barrels, tires and much more. Large flowerpots of regular shapes are usually made from heavier materials: metal, concrete or natural stone. It all depends on the imagination and financial capabilities of the owner of the site.
- Garden furniture, which is fixed in a certain section of the garden, serves as an excellent addition to any territory. It can be benches, benches, chairs, tables. Placed near recreation areas - pool, waterfall, alley, flower garden and so on.
- Pergolas are considered large-sized landscape forms intended for a comfortable pastime in the open air. The sizes and shapes of arbors can be varied. Most often they are installed right in the center of the site and serve for a joint family vacation. May be open and closed. Made of natural stone, metal or concrete. To give the gazebo an unusual look, it is enough to plant climbing plants along it, which, as they grow, will entwine this unique architectural element of the decor.
- If the size of the site allows and there is a large hill, then it is possible to erect a belvedere - a special observation deck. It can have a different shape: round, hexagonal, square. As a fence, tall columns or an ordinary parapet can be used. The appropriateness of placing a belvedere depends on the parameters of the territory, since it is not customary to install belvederes in areas where there is no hill.
Decorative lanterns help to decorate the site, and not only at night, but also in the daytime. When choosing the shape and size of the lamp, you should consider the parameters of the illuminated area. Flashlights can be of several types: placed on pedestals or on legs and mounted on the ground. For each individual zone where it is planned to install lights, its own lighting is provided, so it is important not to make a mistake when choosing the type of lights.
In addition to the above, there are many other types of architectural elements suitable for placement on garden plots.
Any landscape forms able to give the site uniqueness and comfort, as a result of which in this place you will always want to spend as much free time as possible. When choosing a decorative element, it is very important to take into account the terrain and size of the territory, and also not to overdo it with the construction of various architectural structures. Therefore, it is best to trust this process to a professional who specializes in landscape design.