We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pissardi plum is a famous fruit variety among summer residents and landscape designers. The tree is widely used to create a unique design of the site, adding a bright accent to the garden area. The original coloring of its crown, non-standard fruits made the plum a popular crop in the southern regions.
Breeding history of the variety
Botanist Pissard in 1878 brought this variety to Paris from Iran, where the plant had been cultivated for many years before.
Description of the Pissardi plum
Pissardi variety on a stem. It is called a splayed plum. It belongs to the Rosaceae family. This variety is common in Abkhazia, Georgia, Adjara.
The variety grows as a shrub. Its short barrel is brown. Shrub of medium height. The height of the Pissardi plum is 5-9 m. The crown is spreading, lush. Shoots of maroon color. In one year, they grow by 20-25 cm.
Leaves are ellipsoidal. They attract attention with their non-standard colors. Red-purple overflow with a metallic sheen rivets the eye to the crown.
The Pissardi plum is famous for its abundant harvest of juicy fruits of a dark cherry hue. One fruit reaches 3 cm in diameter. Its weight ranges from 20 to 30 g. The shape of the fruit resembles cherry plum. Hence another name for the variety. The taste of plums for an amateur is sour-tart.
Attention! One of the variety's names is cherry-bearing. He received it for fruits that are similar to cherries, but larger.
The characteristics of the Pissardi variety must be considered when choosing a place for a plum, taking care of a tree. They are an important condition for a healthy planting of a fruit plant.
Drought resistance, frost resistance
The variety prefers moderate climatic conditions. Drought, hot weather, he tolerates normally. Pissardi plum is not resistant to low temperatures. Poorly tolerates cold, frost.
Pollinator for Pissardi plum
The variety will yield a bountiful harvest if there are pollinating trees nearby. They can be Chinese plum, other trees of the Pissardi variety. The plum blossoms in April. Before the leaves appear, pale pink flowers bloom on the tree. This process ends in May. The hue of the colors changes to dark red. Their delicate scent spreads throughout the garden. The fruits of the tree ripen in August. They keep on branches until October.
Productivity and fruiting
The yield of the edible Pissardi plum is abundant. The fruits stay on the tree for almost the entire warm season. Up to 15 kg of fruit can be harvested from one tree.
Scope of berries
Due to their small size, their specific taste, Pissardi plums are more often used as a decorative element. Their use in the medical field is widespread. Fruits help to increase appetite, blood purification. They are added as an active ingredient to anti-aging masks and scrubs. The astringent taste of plums does not interfere with making aromatic jam and jam from them.
Disease and pest resistance
Pissardi spreading plum has a high level of resistance to diseases and pests.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The Pissardi plum has a lot of positive qualities. They are an undeniable advantage over other similar plants:
- Original, unique appearance. Plum is often used in landscaping as a garden decoration.
- The plant tolerates drought well.
- High level of resistance to the influence of diseases, pests.
- Unpretentiousness. The planting care process does not require a lot of effort, time, and additional resources.
The variety has a number of features. They must be taken into account when choosing seedlings of this plum for planting on the site:
- Lack of resistance to frost, winds, drafts.
- Average taste of fruits.
- Neighboring varieties, buildings should be at a considerable distance from the plum. She doesn't like the nearest neighbors.
Important! Plum Pissardi well perceives polluted air. The variety can grow in large industrial cities without compromising the yield or appearance.
Planting and caring for the red-leaved Pissardi plum
Pissardi plum is an unpretentious plant. A simple planting and care algorithm is the basis for high-quality growth and a bountiful harvest.
It is recommended to plant plum seedlings in the spring before the buds swell. This will allow young plants to take root in the soil before the onset of cold weather. Autumn planting time is also favorable. September is the best option. Pissardi cuttings will have time to adapt to environmental conditions.
Choosing the right place
Plum loves the sun. For its landing, you should choose the southern side of the site, protected from drafts and winds. The variety does not respond well to excessive soil moisture. The groundwater level at the landing site should be measured. It should not exceed 1.5 m to the bottom of the hole. If this cannot be avoided, then drainage is laid out on the bottom of the pit. Plum cannot grow near other plants. She loves space, loneliness. It is important to take care that there are no unwanted neighbors near the tree.
What crops can and cannot be planted nearby
Planting near the Pissardi plum is undesirable. Too spreading crowns, roots of other plants can interfere with the tree. At a distance of 5 m you can land:
- apple tree;
- berry bushes;
- evergreen varieties of trees, others.
It is strongly not recommended to combine planting pears, raspberries with red-leaved plums.
Selection and preparation of planting material
The planting process will not require significant resources and funds. A standard set of materials will be needed two weeks before the estimated date of disembarkation:
- hole shovel;
- baking powder;
- peg for garter cutting;
- soft rope.
Pissardi plum planting activities are not time consuming. It is enough to follow the recommended sequence:
- Well preparation. Two weeks before planting the seedlings, a hole is pulled out 50 cm deep, 70 cm in diameter. A mixture of soil and fertilizers is spread at the bottom. Leave in this state for 14 days.
- A stake is placed in the center of the hole.
- The plum stalk is placed on the side of the piece of wood. The roots are straightened. It is important that they are above ground level. Sprinkle the planting with soil, tamp.
- The seedling is tied to a peg.
- A young tree is watered, the ground around is loosened.
Plum follow-up care
When performing simple procedures, the variety will delight you with high-quality growth, bountiful harvest, healthy planting. The cultivation of the Pissardi plum includes:
- Watering. It should be regular, abundant once a week. One tree takes about 4-5 buckets of water.
- Fertilizer. The first year after planting passes without fertilization. Top dressing starts from the second growing season. Plum prefers potash fertilizers in spring, humus in autumn.
- Soil care. It is imperative to get rid of weeds near the plum. Loosening the soil is an important procedure.
- Pruning branches. It is carried out for two purposes - to form a crown, sanitary care. It is carried out in the spring. Remove old, dry branches. The plant needs a sufficient amount of sunlight. To do this, remove the extra branches.
- Prevention of diseases, pests.
- Preparing for winter. Plum does not tolerate low temperatures. It is very important to provide him with decent protection during the cold season. Planting is abundantly watered, mulched, covered with straw, peat.
Important! The root system of the Pissardi cherry plum is superficial. Needs continuous oxygen supply. Loosening the soil around the trunk is a must.
Diseases and pests, methods of control and prevention
Name of the disease, pest
Method of struggle
The use of fugnicides is recommended
Preventive measures help prevent the appearance of tree diseases:
1. Timely pruning of the tree.
2. Destruction of damaged branches, leaves.
3. High-quality fertilization of the tree to maintain its immunity.
4. Seasonal treatment of the plant with insecticides
It is important to detect the disease at an early stage. The affected areas must be trimmed immediately.
Leaf rollers, fruit moth
Insects can cause significant damage to the tree. Special chemicals are used against them. They spray the tree, the area around
Pissardi plum is an ornamental fruit variety. Its plantings are widespread in the southern regions. The cherry-bearing variety is used by landscape designers to decorate plots. The original appearance of the plant will create a unique style for any garden. Small fruits are inexhaustible sources of nutrients and vitamins. The unpretentious plant in care is very popular with gardeners, summer residents.
Alexey Leontiev, Rostov region
Used the Pissardi plum as a great addition to the hedge in the country. It contrasted well with other evergreen shrubs. At first, they did not attach much importance to the fruits of the plant. A few years after planting, small fruits were found on the branches of a plum. Taste for an amateur. Our family loved it. The wife closes the delicious jam. One variety performs two functions: decorative, fruit. Very comfortably. I recommend this view to everyone.
Marchenko Elizaveta, Moscow region
The dacha was inherited from my grandmother. There have already been numerous landings. Among them is the Pissardi plum. I have little experience in gardening. I looked at the tree care algorithm on the Internet. The plant seemed very moody. I was afraid not to cope. In practice, it turned out that leaving is absolutely not laborious, does not require large expenditures in time and money. The variety grows quickly, pleases with a bountiful harvest. I recommend the Pissardi plum near Moscow.