Tomato blanks are found on the table of most housewives. Delicious tomatoes in tomato juice are prepared both with heat treatment and with natural preservatives. They are used both in whole form, for example, cherry, and sliced fruits.
Rules for canning tomatoes in tomato juice
These recipes are considered homemade classics. The key to success is choosing the right tomatoes. They should be strong, free from damage and bruising, and free from signs of rot and fungal diseases. Small fruits are placed in a jar, and large ones are squeezed out.
Banks used for conservation must be clean and sterilized. Only in this way they will be preserved for a long time and will not "explode".
If it is not possible to get juice at home, use a store. Even tomato paste diluted with water will do. Differences in taste and texture will be minor.
The classic recipe for tomatoes in tomato juice
The classic workpiece requires the following ingredients:
- tomatoes, as the jar is filled;
- half a liter of tomato juice, you can buy it;
- 2 cloves of garlic, as much as possible, to the taste of the hostess;
- a teaspoon of salt and sugar per liter jar;
- a teaspoon of 9% vinegar;
- peppercorns and allspice, as well as bay leaves.
- Put tomato, pepper, bay leaf in a sterilized container.
- Pour boiling water over, cover with a lid, set aside for a while.
- Boil the juice and remove the foam from it while boiling.
- Then add salt, sugar, vinegar to the liquid and boil again.
- Then drain the hot water from the tomato and pour boiling liquid at the same time.
- Roll up, turn over and wrap up so that the cans cool down more slowly.
After complete cooling, move the workpiece to a cool place for winter storage.
Cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
The recipe for tomatoes in tomato juice is popular when harvesting cherry for the winter. These small tomatoes keep well in their own juice and become a table decoration in winter.
The ingredients for cooking are the same: tomatoes, spices, a clove of garlic, bay leaves, sugar, salt. The only difference is that cherry tomatoes are taken for placing in the jar, and not other tomatoes.
- Put garlic, bay leaf, basil sprig, dill, celery root, peppercorns on the bottom of a sterilized jar.
- Squeeze liquid from large tomatoes, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt per liter.
- Boil, remove the foam.
- Place the cherry in jars and pour boiling water for exactly 5 minutes.
- Drain the water after 5 minutes, pour boiling liquid.
- Roll up and wrap cans, put them in storage in a day.
For complete confidence, experienced housewives advise putting an aspirin tablet on a liter jar, but this is an optional condition.
Preservation of tomatoes in juice without sterilization
For preparation without sterilization, you will need the following ingredients:
- fruits for canning - 2 kg;
- for juice - 2 kg;
- a tablespoon of salt and sugar;
Step-by-step recipe for preparation:
- Sterilize glass containers.
- Lay the tomatoes, pour boiling water over for 20 minutes.
- Boil the tomato mass with the addition of salt and sugar, remove the foam in the process. The salt and sugar should be completely dissolved.
- Then drain the water from the containers and pour the liquid into it immediately from the fire.
- Roll up the container with tomatoes and turn it over, be sure to cover it with a warm blanket or blanket so that the cooling occurs slowly.
In this case, sterilization is not needed either, since the natural acid in tomatoes is a natural preservative.
Unpeeled tomatoes in tomato juice with horseradish
This is the original recipe for unpeeled tomatoes using horseradish. The ingredients are as follows:
- 2 kg of unripe and overripe tomatoes;
- 250 g bell pepper;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- salt - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- a quarter glass of chopped horseradish;
- the same amount of chopped garlic;
- 5 black peppercorns in each container.
Tomatoes for stacking in a jar are chosen strong, maybe slightly unripe. The main thing is that the fruits are not crushed and crushed.
- Bulgarian pepper must be broken in half or in quarters.
- Twist overripe fruits through a meat grinder.
- Rinse and chop horseradish and garlic.
- Add horseradish, garlic and bell pepper to the drink.
- After boiling, boil the liquid with the ingredients for 7 minutes.
- Put strong fruits in a sterilized container.
- Cover with warm water and sterilize in a saucepan.
- Take out pieces of bell pepper and place in containers.
- Immediately pour the boiling broth over the fruits and roll up.
If, during sterilization, heating is carried out gradually, then the skin on the tomatoes will remain intact.
Tomatoes in tomato juice without vinegar
A tomato drink in itself is a good preservative, and therefore, with proper observance of the technology, vinegar can not be used. The ingredients are the same: tomatoes, salt, sugar, hot peppercorns.
Recipe for cooking tomatoes in juice without vinegar:
- In the fruits that will fit into the jar, make 3-4 holes with a toothpick.
- Place the fruits in a sterilized container.
- Boil warm water, pour over.
- Boil the lid for a couple of minutes and cover the container.
- After 10 minutes, pour out the water, boil and re-pour the fruits.
- Boil the tomato squeeze at this time in a saucepan.
- It should boil for 10 minutes, at this time add salt and sugar.
- Drain water, refill with drink.
- Roll up, turn over and let cool slowly.
This is a vinegar-free option. If you follow the technology, then tomatoes will easily stand the winter and will delight the hostess with their aroma and appearance.
Peeled tomatoes in tomato juice
The recipe includes the following components:
- 1 liter of tomato drink;
- 2 kg of fruits;
- a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt;
- garlic and pepper to taste.
- Cut the skin on the tomatoes with a knife to make it easier to remove. The knife must be sharp.
- Dip in boiling water and remove the skin.
- Put the liquid to boil and add all the ingredients. Remove the foam, and the salt and sugar should dissolve.
- Pour the peeled fruits and sterilize them for 20 minutes.
Roll up immediately after sterilization. As in the previous recipes, it should be left wrapped for a day, so that cooling slowly occurs, and the workpiece is stored longer.
Sweet canned tomatoes in tomato juice
In order for the fruits to be sweeter, you need to choose the right variety and add a little more sugar than indicated in the original recipe. It is important to understand that when boiled, all sugar must dissolve.
Instead of 2 tablespoons, you can take 4, but in any case, when boiling, the drink must be tasted.
Rules for storing tomatoes in tomato juice
The workpiece should be stored in a dark, cool place. The optimum temperature should not exceed 10 ° C. Banks should not be exposed to direct sunlight or excessive moisture. The best option is a cellar or basement. A balcony is suitable in an apartment if it does not freeze in winter.
Tomatoes in tomato juice are stored for more than one year for the winter, if the temperature and other conditions are observed. At the same time, the fruits retain their integrity and appearance. On a winter table, such an appetizer will look gorgeous.
Delicious tomatoes in tomato juice are a classic for any housewife. This is a blank that is made in almost every home. Therefore, there are many recipes with and without vinegar. Spices and ingredients may vary, but two types of tomatoes are always used as the main component: overripe for squeezing and stronger ones for laying in dishes. It is important that you do not have to prepare the drink yourself, you can buy it at the store or dilute the tomato paste. In any case, taste and quality will not be affected by this.