Viburnum tincture is a popular remedy for various diseases. You can prepare a drink at home. For these purposes, freshly harvested or frozen viburnum is suitable.
The benefits and harms of viburnum tincture
The alcoholic drink is obtained from the berries of a plant called Viburnum vulgaris. Viburnum berries contain vitamins A, C, E and other substances that bring health benefits.
Tincture prepared on the basis of viburnum is useful for the following health conditions:
- gastritis and stomach ulcer;
- inflammatory processes of internal organs;
- acne, furunculosis and other skin inflammations;
- problems with blood clotting;
- respiratory diseases;
- neuroses, fatigue, sleep problems;
- disturbances in the work of the heart;
Advice! Viburnum tincture helps with hypertension.
Refusing to use the drink is recommended for the following problems:
- low pressure;
- high blood clotting;
- diseases of the kidneys and liver in the acute stage;
- tendency to form blood clots.
Important! The tincture is taken according to a certain scheme: 30 drops before meals, twice a day.
Drinking abuse leads to serious negative consequences. Before using it, it is recommended to consult a doctor for advice.
To obtain tincture of viburnum, you need to properly prepare raw materials and containers. The tincture is prepared from ripe berries that have no damage or other signs of deterioration.
Advice! Viburnum can be harvested immediately after the first freeze.
When exposed to low temperatures, tannins leave the fruit, giving bitterness, and a sweetish aftertaste appears. Cold snaps do not affect the content of nutrients in viburnum.
You can pick the fruits before the onset of a cold snap and put them in the freezer for several days. The best time to pick berries is November and early December. However, viburnum berries will keep well throughout the winter.
After collecting, the viburnum is sorted out and washed in cold water. Then the fruit should dry on a towel or piece of cloth.
Important! A glass container is suitable for preparing the tincture. Plastic products are not recommended for use.
Viburnum tincture recipes
The main ingredients for the tincture are viburnum berries and vodka. The addition of honey, linden flowers, mint or thyme will help improve the taste of the drink.
According to the classical technology, a minimum of ingredients is required to obtain a tincture. The cooking procedure in this case is the simplest:
- One kilogram of ripe red viburnum is poured into a three-liter jar. The container must be filled with one liter of high-quality vodka. It is allowed to use alcohol with a strength of 40 degrees or moonshine. The alcohol should overlap the berries by 2 cm.
- The container is closed with a plastic lid and sent to a dark place for infusion. This process takes about 4-5 weeks. The infusion is prepared at room temperature.
- Shaking the jar is recommended every week.
- After the allotted time, the tincture is filtered through cheesecloth. The berries are squeezed out and thrown away, they are no longer needed.
- The drink is bottled and sent for permanent storage. The tincture has a shelf life of 3 years if not exposed to sunlight.
Viburnum tincture has a strength of about 33 degrees. If a precipitate forms during its storage, the liquid is re-filtered.
The drink becomes sweeter after adding sugar. This recipe requires clean water, so it's best to draw it from a well or spring. If this is not possible, then it is enough to filter the tap water.
How to prepare the tincture is indicated in the following recipe:
- Viburnum fruits are pressed in any suitable way (using a juicer or press). The output should be 0.4 liters of juice.
- Then proceed to the preparation of sugar syrup. A container containing 0.4 liters of water is placed on the fire. The liquid is constantly stirred and 0.3 kg of sugar is added. Gradually, the syrup should boil. When bubbles appear in it, the fire is muffled.
- The syrup is cooked for another 4 minutes. When white foam appears, it is carefully removed.
- The finished broth is removed from the stove and left to cool.
- The cooled syrup is mixed with viburnum juice. Add 2 liters of alcohol or vodka to the total container.
- After mixing the liquid, the jar is closed with a lid.
- Viburnum tincture ripens in the dark at a temperature of 18-23 ° C. The cooking time is 3 weeks.
- The finished drink is filtered through cheesecloth, after which it can be included in the diet.
Instead of sugar, honey can be used in the manufacture of liqueurs, the benefits of which are well known. How to make a tincture of viburnum, you can learn from the following recipe:
- Ripe viburnum (0.5 kg) is placed in a three-liter jar.
- Add 250 g of fresh honey to the container.
- The jar is poured with vodka or inexpensive cognac (1 l).
- The components are well mixed.
- The container is sealed and placed in a dark place with room conditions.
- After 6 weeks, the jar is taken out, and its contents are passed through several layers of gauze.
- Homemade tincture is stored in the refrigerator or cellar.
Honey and mint recipe
You can make a tincture of viburnum at home using mint and honey. The process of obtaining it is divided into several stages:
- Pre-prepare the mint tincture. For this, fresh peppermint leaves (200 g) are poured with vodka (2 l). The holding time of the mint tincture is 1.5 months. Therefore, it is better to start cooking it in the summer, so that by the time of collecting the viburnum, it has time to brew.
- Fresh viburnum berries (2.5 kg) are kneaded to extract juice.
- The berries are placed in a glass or enamel container so that they occupy 2/3 of its volume.
- The resulting mint infusion is diluted to 50% with water, after which it is poured into a container with viburnum.
- After 3 weeks, you need to filter the tincture. The liquid is left in a glass container, and the fruits are poured with water (1.5 l). 2 liters of flower honey are added to the liquid.
- This syrup is infused for 2 weeks, then it is added to the tincture.
- After 3 days, the infusion must be filtered again and sent for aging for up to 3 months.
Linden flower recipe
Unusual in taste tincture is obtained using fresh linden flowers. The viburnum tincture recipe is as follows:
- The linden blossom is collected and washed thoroughly. It is recommended to crush them a little to get a richer flavor of the tincture.
- Linden is poured with vodka (1 glass) and left to infuse for a month. Then you need to filter the liquid.
- Viburnum fruits (0.5 kg) must be kneaded and covered with sugar (1 kg).
- Viburnum is poured with the resulting lime infusion.
- We insist on the drink for 1.5 months.
- After the specified time, the liqueur is filtered and bottled for permanent storage.
Recipe with honey and thyme
Thyme is a small shrub whose leaves are used to normalize blood pressure, fight inflammation, fatigue and stress.
Viburnum, honey and thyme tincture is prepared according to a specific recipe:
- Viburnum fruits (0.4 kg) are kneaded to release the juice.
- Add 100 g of dried thyme leaves to the container.
- The components are poured with purified alcohol (0.5 l) and left for 20 days.
- The resulting liquid is passed through a filter.
- Spring water (1 l) is heated on a stove.
- Dissolve 1 liter of liquid flower honey in warm water.
- The honey solution and the liqueur are combined and left to mature for 2 months.
- If a precipitate appears, you can re-filter.
- The finished drink is beneficial for the appearance of symptoms of colds, insomnia and nervous disorders.
Viburnum is a shrub whose fruits are known for their beneficial properties. Viburnum helps from pressure, with disorders of the heart, respiratory and nervous systems. The tincture allows you to preserve the beneficial properties of these berries. To improve the taste, mint, honey, linden flowers or thyme are added to the drink. The cooking process takes several months, depending on the recipe.