Bell pepper is one of the vegetables that contains vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to human health. In addition, it imparts an exquisite taste and aroma to dishes. Sweet or hot dried peppers for the winter are put on the table as an independent dish, and used as an ingredient for salads, soups, side dishes, pizzas, hamburgers.
Why is jerky peppers useful?
Drying sweet peppers allows you to preserve all the nutrients:
- vitamins A - necessary for hair growth, skin condition, vision;
- carotene - good for the eyes, most of all found in yellow and orange fruits;
- vitamins B1, B2, B6 - increase immunity, increase a person's resistance to infectious diseases;
- calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron - valuable for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases;
- vitamin C - improves immunity, helps to absorb iron from food faster;
- ascorbic acid, like vitamin C, thins the blood, has a beneficial effect on the work of blood vessels;
- folic acid - especially necessary for pregnant women due to the heavy stress on the bone tissue, nervous, circulatory system.
Regular use of dried pepper has a beneficial effect on the digestive organs, saving from flatulence, cramps, stomach colic, and constipation. These vegetables contain a large amount of water, dietary fiber, and soften peristalsis. Helps with bleeding gums, with anemia. They are useful for constant stress, fatigue.
How to make jerky peppers for the winter
The fashion for dried vegetables came from European countries. But such a jar was very expensive. Today housewives have learned to dry vegetables at home. To get a tasty, healthy product, you need to use high-quality fruits, follow the technology:
- select ripe fruits with a bright red color and thick flesh without rotten spots;
- sort rotten, overripe or unripe fruits;
- wash in hot water, cut off the stalk, remove seeds;
- if desired, you can remove the skin: pour boiling water over, leave for 2-3 minutes, transfer to cold water, remove with a knife;
- before drying, pour over vegetable oil, sprinkle with chopped garlic, spices.
Dried vegetables using a microwave, oven or dryer. Each method has its own pros and cons.
The classic recipe for dried peppers for the winter
- pepper - 2-3 kg;
- spices to the taste of the cook;
- olive oil;
- head of garlic.
- Put whole vegetables on a baking sheet, bake at 200 ° C for 15-20 minutes.
- Place in a bag, wait until cool, remove the skin.
- Put the peeled fruits on a baking sheet, bake for 1.5-2 hours, keeping at 100 ° C.
- Sprinkle already dried fruits with salt, sprinkle with oil, leave for another 60 minutes. Finished slices should be a little dry, but soft, elastic.
- Chop fresh garlic finely, add peppers, leave for another 10 minutes.
Then put in jars, pour with olive or sunflower oil.
A bright and tasty appetizer for the festive table will delight loved ones
Dried bell peppers for the winter in the oven
- pepper - 2 kg;
- salt, parsley, garlic - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Rinse vegetables, dry, cut into large slices.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Cover the form with parchment and carefully lay out the slices, add a little salt, sprinkle with sunflower oil, place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature to 100 ° С, open the door ajar for air circulation and cook for 6-8 hours.
- When filling the container, alternate the finished product with herbs and grated garlic.
The resulting product is filled with olive or sunflower oil heated to a high temperature
A good storage space is a bottom shelf in the refrigerator or a rustic cellar.
Dried peppers in a dryer for the winter
- 2-3 kg of pepper;
- oil, preferably olive;
- Rinse vegetables, cut into large strips.
- Fold on baking sheets with the inner side up, sprinkle with suneli hop seasoning, drizzle with sunflower oil.
- Place in an electric dryer at a temperature of 70 ° C for 10 hours.
Ready-made dried fruits should be kept in hermetically sealed jars.
Dried peppers in the microwave for the winter
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 kg;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Microwaving dried fruit takes a lot of patience. For this:
- Vegetables are cut into pieces, peeled from seeds and stalks.
- Place on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes, the water is drained from the plate so that the peppers are not cooked in their own juice, but dried.
- Allow to cool slightly, then put back in the microwave for 5 minutes.
And so on until the vegetables are cooked.
Readiness is checked by the type of dried fruit: wrinkles appear on the skin
Recipe for the winter of dried peppers in oil
- bulgarian pepper - 1.5 kg;
- 5 garlic cloves;
- mixture of herbs of Provence - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- vinegar - 1 tsp;
- oil - 150 ml.
- Put the fruits, cut into slices, on the rack of the dryer. Cook at 50-55 ° C for 9-10 hours.
- Check the readiness of the vegetables by pressing: they should not leak juice.
- Heat a mixture of oil and balsamic vinegar, put ready-made peppers there.
Then put the vegetables together with oil and herbs in prepared jars, seal them tightly.
Provencal herbs make any preparation fragrant
Bitter dried peppers for the winter
- bitter pepper - 2 kg;
- Provencal herbs;
- garlic - 5-6 large cloves;
- olive oil - 200 ml.
- Put the peeled vegetables cut into halves on the form.
- Pre-grind the fruits with salt, a mixture of aromatic herbs.
- Bake the peppers for 4-5 hours (periodically check the readiness) at 120 ° C.
- Arrange the layers of peppers in jars, alternating them with garlic cloves.
Pour the filled jars with heated oil, close.
Bell peppers, dried for the winter with garlic
- dried garlic, oregano, basil, thyme - 1 tsp;
- sugar - ½ tsp;
- salt - 1.5 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml.
- Dry for 3-4 hours at 100 ° C.
- Instead of dried garlic, you can add grated pepper to each slice.
Arrange in jars, pour over heated vegetable oil, seal tightly
Dried sweet peppers for the winter with rosemary and oregano
- Bulgarian pepper - 1.5-2 kg;
- oregano and rosemary to taste;
- black pepper - 1 tsp;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil, preferably olive oil - 80-100 ml;
- garlic - 4 cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 100-130 ° C, use convection mode to circulate the air. If there is no such mode, open the oven door.
- Wash the pepper and chop coarsely. Then stir with the black pepper, salt and spice mixture.
- Cover the form with parchment and lay out the vegetables.
- Arrange the sun-dried vegetables in jars, pour hot oil to the top.
Banks do not need to be sterilized, as the heated liquid acts as vinegar
The recipe for dried peppers for the winter in olive oil
Sun-dried fruits are a delicacy that can decorate any table, a delicious independent dish, the basis for a sandwich with rye bread, an indispensable ingredient for baking pizza.
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 kg;
- olive oil - 300 ml;
- 5-6 large cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l. salt;
- Provencal herbs to taste.
- Prepare sweet peppers of different colors: yellow, orange, red. They will look beautiful in the jar and on the table.
- Wash vegetables, peel, cut into slices.
- Cut not too finely, preferably in small boats.
- Sprinkle with salt. Chop the garlic into thin slices so that it becomes transparent, adheres to the slices of pepper.
- Sprinkle with herbs, as the dried vegetable is odor-neutral and therefore needs strong spices. Provencal herbs are irreplaceable here. Among them are rosemary, oregano, thyme, and other dried herbs.
- Arrange the fruits on the grates of the dryer, dry for 24 hours. Vegetables in the drying process decrease 3-4 times in size, curl up.
If you don't have an electric dryer, you can use an oven. But you need to provide ventilation. To do this, keep the oven door ajar. You can insert a spoon so that it does not close. Check the readiness by pressing the fruit with a spoon or the tip of a knife.
Ready-made dried fruits should not release liquid.
Hot dried peppers for the winter with Provencal herbs
Provence in France is famous for its spicy herbs, which are used as seasonings for meat, fish dishes, soups, and snacks. They are also added to baked goods. Mint, oregano, rosemary, thyme, savory, sage, oregano, marjoram are the most famous Provencal herbs. Their mixture stimulates the sense of smell, active ingredients improve digestion, increase appetite. They are in harmony with each other, add an exquisite aroma to any dish. But if the correct proportions are not observed, herbs can spoil the taste of fish or meat.
- fresh chili peppers - 15-20 pcs.;
- ground black pepper - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 3 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 150 ml;
- Provencal herbs.
- Rinse the pods, cut into 2 parts, remove all seeds.
- Season with pepper, salt and sweeten to your liking.
- Put on a clean baking sheet, cook for 1 hour at 110 ° C.
- At this time, add a mixture of herbs to the vegetable oil, heat and pour over the filled jars.
Some housewives add a spoonful of vinegar to be on the safe side.
Dried peppers with balsamic vinegar for the winter
- sweet pepper - 2 kg;
- salt, a mixture of Provencal herbs, sugar - to taste;
- balsamic vinegar.
- Take thick, fleshy fruits, wash, peel.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and spices. The amount of sugar should be twice that of salt. Then the vegetables will have a sweetish taste. Black pepper should be a pea, it should be ground just before cooking bell pepper.
- Place in the oven for 4-5 hours at 120 ° C. The temperature can be changed. The fruits are not cooked evenly. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor and lay out dried vegetables from the oven as soon as they are ready.
- Add balsamic vinegar and Provencal herbs to the olive oil. Pour the slices laid out in banks with this mixture.
Sun-dried vegetables will be ready in 3-4 days, during which time they will be saturated with spices, acquire their aroma, spicy smell
You can store the finished product not only in the refrigerator, but also in any cool place. Especially if vegetables were poured with oil brought to a boil.
Experienced housewives recommend:
- to keep the workpiece at room temperature, it is better to exclude garlic from the recipe;
- store the prepared snack in oil that was used for drying;
- then use it to prepare various salads, snacks.
Shelf life is 5-7 months. If mold forms on the surface, then it is better not to eat the workpiece. Sun-dried fruits are indispensable components in the preparation of Italian pizzas. They are used as a decoration for serving meat and fish dishes as an independent, tasty and refined dish. Europeans, especially Italians, are ready to put them in soups, pasta, and other snacks.
Dried peppers for the winter are a storehouse of vitamins. But there are limitations in their use. Especially you need to be careful people with ischemia, tachycardia, hemorrhoids, kidney and liver pathologies, epilepsy. These limitations are due to the large amount of essential oils, poorly absorbed fiber. But the beneficial properties of the dried product prevail. Therefore, you should not give up this valuable product on the table, it is better to harvest it for future use.