The harvesting season cannot do without cucumbers, pickles with them are present in every cellar. To cook delicious pickled cucumbers for the winter, like in a store, you need to choose fresh gherkins. There are many recipes for amazing cucumbers - with mustard, garlic, oak leaves, and even cinnamon. The indisputable advantage is the natural composition without preservatives, there is definitely no such thing in the store.
Rules for pickling cucumbers like in a store
Cucumbers in blanks are used separately or as part of a salad - the choice depends on the type of vegetable. To make the dish as tasty as in the store, you need to choose gherkins for pickling whole cucumbers. These include varieties with fruits no more than 5-8 cm in length, you can choose unripe vegetables of ordinary varieties. Their rind should be embossed, not smooth - these are the vegetables that are used to sell pickled cucumbers in the store.
Whatever the recipe for pickling cucumbers, as in the store, the rules for preparing the fruits are the same. They need to be washed thoroughly and put in cold water for several hours. After being saturated with moisture, vegetables will become crisper and denser after soaking. You need to stand for at least 1.5 hours, and preferably 3-4 hours. You can marinate only fresh cucumbers, softened vegetables can spoil the product.
Before salting, vegetables should be put in cold water for several hours.
Cucumbers are laid out in banks, the optimal volume for gherkins is 0.750 l or 1 l. This portion is enough for 1-2 meals, the remaining cucumbers do not have to be stored in the refrigerator. Sterilization of cans is required in most recipes, this is done as follows:
- Wash containers using detergent and baking soda, rinse.
- Sterilization can be carried out on the stove or in the microwave: in the first case, you need to use a special nozzle, in the second, put the containers in the microwave for 15 minutes.
Do not forget about the lids - they also need to be prepared in advance. If you take curled specimens, they also need to be boiled before use.
Important! Before pickling, you can cut off the tips of the fruits - this way the marinade is soaked better, you get the effect "like in a store" If the cucumbers are large and fleshy, it is best to leave them intact.
Classic cucumbers for the winter
For preparing pickled cucumbers for the winter, like in a store, this recipe comes in handy. It does not provide for excessive pungency or acidity, but is the most balanced.
For cooking you will need:
- small cucumbers - 4 kg;
- purified water - 3 l;
- sugar - 60 g;
- vodka - 130 ml;
- black peppercorns - 12 pieces;
- bay leaf - 6 pieces;
- dill umbrellas - 6 jokes;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- table salt - 60 g;
- currant leaves - 10 pieces;
- parsley - 60 g;
- acetic acid - 30 ml.
You can use 9% vinegar instead of acetic acid
The procedure for preparing pickled cucumbers for the winter, as in a store, is as follows:
- Wash the soaked cucumbers, dry with paper towels.
- Peel the cloves of garlic, cut off the dried tails.
- Wash all leaves and dill in strong water.
- Put laurel leaves, currants, garlic, parsley and peppercorns on the bottom of clean jars.
- Lay the gherkins tightly, secure on top with dill umbrellas.
- Brine: pour water into a saucepan, put it on fire. Add salt and sugar immediately, before boiling - acetic acid. Then cook for another 2-3 minutes, let cool slightly.
- Pour the brine into containers, cover with lids.
- Place them in a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Hold the cans for 20 minutes.
- Then get it out and roll it up.
If there is no acetic acid, you can use 9% vinegar, you will need it 3 times more. The taste "like in a store" will not be lost from this, so replacing an ingredient is completely harmless.
A simple recipe for pickled cucumbers as in the store
It is good to use this method in case of a shortage of time - the soaking process is reduced to 30 minutes. The composition of the recipe is very simple, and the use of small tricks will make cooking literally lightning fast - the whole process will take no more than 1.5 hours.
This simple store-bought pickle recipe requires the following ingredients:
- gherkins - 3 kg;
- allspice peas - 12 pieces;
- bay leaf - 4 pieces;
- vinegar 9% - 60 ml;
- fresh dill - 50 g, dry - 40 g;
- dry celery - 10 g;
- sugar - 60 g;
- black peppercorns - 20 pieces;
- salt - 20 g.
Before pickling gherkins, you need to wash, cut off the tails and put in a bowl for soaking. For this recipe, 30-40 minutes is enough, but exceeding this figure is only beneficial. The cucumbers will become crisper and more store-like.
Vegetables are very crispy and tasty.
The salting instruction looks like this:
- During the soaking of cucumbers, sterilize the jars and lids.
- Wash fresh dill and chop finely.
- Put both types of dill and pepper, celery and bay leaf on the bottom of the container.
- Tamp the gherkins into jars, they should lie tightly. Cover with lids.
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil and pour over cucumbers with it.
- Pour the water back into the saucepan 5 minutes later, repeat the procedure twice.
- For the third, last time, add salt, sugar and vinegar to the water, bring to a boil.
- Pour the brine into the jars, tighten the lids.
For the first day, jars of pickled cucumbers like store-bought cucumbers should be covered for the winter. After cooling, remove the finished product to the storage area.
Crispy pickled cucumbers for the winter as a store
An interesting recipe with an unusual pickle. These cucumbers are juicy, crispy and with an unusual sweet and sour taste.
For cooking you will need (1.5 l cans):
- 2-2.5 kg gherkins;
- 1 dill umbrella;
- 1 sprig of mint;
- 3 black peppercorns;
- 2 buds of dried cloves;
- 0.5-1 l of natural apple juice;
- 1 tbsp. l. salt per 1 liter of juice;
- 1 currant leaf.
For this recipe, sterility is extremely important: the jars must be thoroughly washed so that the juice does not deteriorate. This recipe for pickled cucumbers is definitely not to be found on store shelves, they can be called a real wonder.
Cucumbers are juicy, crunchy with a sweet and sour taste.
- Scald the soaked vegetables with boiling water, cut off the tails.
- Put currant leaves, mint and spices at the bottom of the cans.
- Tamp the cucumbers, pour boiling juice and salt marinade.
- Sterilization of cans: put them in a pot of boiling water for no more than 12 minutes.
- Roll up the lids, turn over and wrap until cool.
It makes no sense to use concentrated juice, the recipe will be spoiled even during the preparation process. It is advisable to prepare apple nectar on your own and use it for preparations.
Cucumbers for the winter as in a store during the Soviet era
Pickled cucumbers gherkins, as in a store from the times of the USSR - this is a recipe for cucumbers in Bulgarian. Despite its rich composition, its preparation is not much more complicated than other recipes.
Ingredients (for a 3L jar):
- 2 kg of cucumbers;
- 1-2 pods of red hot pepper;
- a bunch of dill;
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp mustard seeds;
- 8 bay leaves;
- 15 peas of black pepper;
- 5 buds of dried cloves;
- 2 medium-sized onions or one large;
- 3 liters of purified water;
- 180 g of salt;
- 120 g sugar;
- 100 ml of 9% vinegar.
To begin with, you need to soak the cucumbers in ice water overnight, you can add ice - so they will be more fragrant and crisp, like in a store. After that, dry the vegetables, pour over with boiling water, put back in cold water. Sterilize jars and lids before salting, you can use a microwave or a saucepan.
Vegetables are sweet and moderately spicy
- Pour all the spices into a jar, fill on top with chopped onion half rings.
- Put cucumbers, push red pepper somewhere in the middle.
- Put purified water on fire, boil, adding salt and sugar, until completely dissolved. Cool slightly and add vinegar.
- Pour the brine into jars, it should cover the cucumbers completely.
- Sterilization: put the jars in a saucepan with boiling water, stand for 7-9 minutes.
- Tighten the lids, cover with a blanket.
Such pickling of cucumbers in jars, as in stores, has a pleasant sweetish taste, while not losing its spiciness.
Cucumbers as store-bought for the winter without sterilization
If you don't want to mess around with sterilized jars, you can do without this procedure. There are several variations of this recipe, their composition practically does not differ from others. The end result will be as good as in the store if you follow all the steps of preparation.
Ingredients (for a 1.5 L can):
- 1 kg gherkins;
- 1 umbrella of dry dill;
- 2-3 leaves of cherries and currants.
- 0.75 l of clean water;
- 1.5 tbsp. table salt;
- 1.5 tbsp. 9% vinegar;
- 1 bay leaf;
- a small sheet of horseradish;
- 2 cloves of freshly harvested garlic;
- 2-3 black peppercorns.
Soak the cucumbers, then cut off the tails. For this recipe, small specimens are needed, they need to be stacked very tightly.
Vegetables can be closed for the winter without sterilizing the cans
- Line the bottom of the cans with horseradish, cherry and currant leaves, on top 1 dill umbrella.
- Lay the cucumbers, alternating layers with dry dill.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, then pour it into jars, cover with lids for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water back into the pot, repeat the procedure.
- Put the cloves of garlic in the jars, the last one is the dill umbrella.
- Add salt, sugar, peppercorns and bay leaves into the water. Pour vinegar before boiling.
- Pour the brine into the jars, roll up the lids.
After that, turn the cans. If a hissing sound is heard, put it back and twist it harder and cover with a blanket until it cools.
Store-like cucumber recipe with cherry and currant leaves
This method will allow you to cook sweet cucumbers, they are in no way inferior to those sold in the store. Against the background of a strict recipe, this option looks exotic - table vinegar is replaced by fruit.
- 4 kg gherkins;
- 2 heads of garlic (young);
- 2 onions;
- 2 carrots;
- 6-8 leaves of currant, cherry and horseradish;
- 2 sprigs of dill with an umbrella;
- 6 sprigs of mint;
- 2.5 liters of water;
- 6 st. salt and sugar;
- 6 tbsp. wine or fruit vinegar.
You can use wine or fruit vinegar
- Soak the cucumbers for 4-6 hours, cut off the tails.
- At the bottom of the jars, put the leaves, chopped garlic in slices, mint and carrot slices.
- Tamp the cucumbers on top, the next layer is half rings of onions and dill.
- Pour boiling water over the vegetables, leave for 10 minutes and drain the water back into the pan, repeat the procedure.
- Then add sugar, salt to the water, pour in vinegar before boiling.
- Pour the marinade into jars, roll up the lids.
Spicy cucumbers as in the store for the winter
Delicious hot cucumbers for the winter, as in the store, can be made with the addition of citric acid. Such a preparation for the winter is suitable for adding to Olivier.
Important! This method is suitable for those who do not want to add vinegar to the marinade.
Ingredients (for a 3L jar):
- cucumbers - 1 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- chopped onion - 1 tbsp. l .;
- grated horseradish - 1 tsp;
- dill with seeds - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 100 g;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- citric acid - 1 tbsp. l .;
- black peppercorns - 5 pieces.
Vegetables are crispy if soaked beforehand
- Soak the gherkins for 3 hours, cut off the ends.
- Put dill, bay leaf, horseradish, onion and garlic at the bottom of the jars.
- Tamp the cucumbers tightly into the jar, start preparing the marinade.
- Add sugar, salt and citric acid to boiling water, pour it into jars. Sterilize them for 15-20 minutes, then roll them up and wrap them with a blanket.
Advice! The colder the steeping water, the crisper the cucumbers will be.
Salting cucumbers as in a store: recipe for a liter jar
Cooking pickled cucumbers has a general scheme, only some steps vary depending on the ingredients. In order to calculate their quantity as accurately as possible, it is useful to have a list of products for the liter volume. It is in them that it is most convenient to salt cucumbers, three-liter containers are losing their former popularity.
One-liter jars do not take up much space and are easy to store
For a 1 liter can you will need:
- cucumbers - 750 g;
- bay leaf - 1 piece;
- vinegar 9% - 2.5 tbsp. l .;
- allspice and black peppercorns - 3 each;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- dill - 2.5 tbsp. l.
This amount of ingredients is enough for a liter jar, fluctuations may occur due to the size of the vegetables and the density of their compaction. It is such a container that is sold in the store, they do not take up much space, they are convenient to store.
Cinnamon-style canned cucumbers
Cinnamon has a sweet taste and will make the traditional store-like pickle recipe more savory. Otherwise, its composition does not differ, as well as the order of preparation.
- gherkins - 1.5 kg;
- dried cloves - 15 buds;
- bay leaves - 6 pieces;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- allspice and black peas - 5 pieces each;
- bitter pepper in a pod - 1 piece;
- water - 1.3 l;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp. l.
Cinnamon adds a sweetish flavor and zesty aroma to the seam
- Soak cucumbers for 6 hours, cut off the tails and wipe dry.
- Scald with boiling water and tamp in jars, pre-lay on the bottom laurel leaves, peppercorns and a pod.
- Pour boiling water over the cucumbers, wait 20 minutes, drain the water. Repeat the procedure, then add sugar, salt and cloves to this water.
- Before boiling, add vinegar, pour the marinade into the jars and roll up the lids.
Recipe for cucumbers as in the store for the winter with garlic and oak leaves
To understand how to pickle cucumbers, as in the store, you should prepare this recipe. It requires oak leaves, they must be fresh and undamaged. It is not necessary to use too much greens or the product will turn out bitter.
Ingredients required for 10 liter cans:
- 5 kg of cucumbers;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 10 dill umbrellas;
- 5 horseradish leaves;
- 10 oak and cherry leaves;
- black and allspice peas - 30 each;
- mustard beans - 10 tsp;
- 2.5 liters of water;
- 3 tbsp. salt;
- 5 tbsp. Sahara;
- 150 ml vinegar.
Excess oak leaves can make preservation too bitter
- Soak the cucumbers for 5 hours, trim the tails and dry.
- Put spices, leaves and garlic on the bottom of the jars (wash and peel everything).
- Tamp the main ingredient, cover the top with dill umbrellas. Pour boiling water over, wait 20 minutes, repeat the procedure.
- Put sugar and salt in the same water, bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar at the end, pour the marinade into the jars. Tighten the lids and cover with a blanket.
Canned cucumbers as in the store: recipe with cloves
Cucumbers prepared according to this recipe turn out to be unusually spicy and mild - this combination makes them an excellent appetizer for a festive table. In terms of juiciness and taste, they are in no way inferior to cucumbers on the shelves in the store.
- 4 kg of cucumbers;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 dill umbrellas;
- 2 bunches of parsley;
- 2 tsp vinegar essence;
- 2 tbsp. edible salt;
- 4 tbsp. Sahara;
- 2 liters of water;
- 10 black peppercorns;
- 6 cherry leaves;
- 6 cloves (dry).
Vegetables with cloves are spicy and spicy
To add juiciness, gherkins should spend about 5 hours in cold water. Further procedure:
- Wash vegetables and leaves in running water, chop the garlic cloves and chop the parsley.
- Put them on the bottom, tamp the cucumbers on top, press the top layer with an umbrella of dill.
- Pour boiling water into jars, wait 5 minutes, drain the water back into the pan.
- Add spices and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Pour gherkins and vinegar essence with brine.
- Roll up the covers.
Cover the jars with a blanket to retain heat.
Shop cucumbers marinated with mustard seeds
Mustard seeds give a special spicy taste, cucumbers are really juicy and aromatic. To make such pickled cucumbers for the winter exactly like in the store, you need to use grains, not powder.
- cucumbers - 4 kg;
- mustard seeds - 4 tbsp. l .;
- cherry leaves - 10 pieces;
- vinegar (wine or 9%) - 2 tsp;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- hot red pepper - 3-4 pods;
- salt - 8 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 10 tbsp. l .;
- dill - 8 umbrellas.
Mustard grains impart a spicy taste to the conservation
- Soak cucumbers, cut off the ends. If the vegetables were picked a couple of days ago, hold up for a longer time.
- Fill the bottom of the jars with garlic plates, hot pepper slices, mustard seeds and cherry leaves. Also don't forget about the dill umbrella.
- Put the cucumbers vertically, small specimens can be tamped on top in a horizontal position.
- Pour boiling water over the jars for 10 minutes, pour this water back into the pan.
- Add salt and sugar, bring to a boil - add vinegar before starting.
- Pour the hot marinade into the jars, tighten the lids.
The aroma of such gherkins will overshadow the workpiece from the store counter.
Pickled cucumbers, as in a store, do not require special storage conditions; they can be placed in a cellar or on a warm balcony. It is advisable that it does not fall on direct sunlight and there are no heat sources nearby. At the same time, it is not recommended to store jars of cucumbers in the refrigerator - the vegetables become watery and not so tasty.
You can eat pickled vegetables within 7-10 days after the lids are rolled up, but this is not recommended. The brine will not have time to saturate the vegetables in such a short time, they will taste slightly salted. It is optimal to stand for 1-2 months before enjoying a fragrant snack.
Prepare pickled cucumbers as you can in the store every year. The classic recipe has a lot of variations; you can choose even a picky gourmet. It is enough to master simple recipes and carefully consider the stage of preparing vegetables. Crispy and juicy gherkins are a great addition to the festive table.