Barberry tincture is not only tasty, aromatic, but also healthy. She is able to maintain health and gives strength to the body. You can cook it according to different recipes.
The benefits of barberry tincture
In folk medicine, barberry tincture is prepared with vodka, alcohol or moonshine. It is used to treat a number of diseases:
- depression and nervous disorders;
- high pressure;
- stomach ulcer;
- uterine bleeding;
- stones in the kidneys;
- malignant tumors.
In addition, compresses and rubbing from barberry infusion help to cope with rheumatism and joint pain. For eczema and psoriasis, lotions are made.
The infusion of barberry can be drunk as an immunostimulating and restorative agent. To do this, add a few drops of the preparation to the tea.
In Bulgaria and Azerbaijan, barberry is used to treat diabetes. The tincture has been found to help lower blood sugar levels and has a long lasting effect.
Barberry infusion has a strong healing effect, it improves intestinal motility, improves digestion, and is useful for people with heart palpitations.
Important! Alcoholic infusions have an antiseptic effect, so barberry can be used to rinse the mouth for various diseases.
To insist on barberry moonshine, you need to choose the right berries. Use fresh or dry fruits that have been stored for no more than 3 years. Dark berries give the infusion a good color.
You can insist barberry, which is harvested after the first frost. Such fruits contain a maximum of useful substances, give the tincture a special taste and aroma.
If roots, bark or leaves of barberry are used to prepare the infusion, then they must be properly prepared. Leaves for a healing potion are harvested in early spring before fruiting. The bark and roots can be harvested in early April-May or in the fall after harvest. Raw materials are well dried in air. The workpiece is stored in fabric bags for no more than 3 years.
Attention! The roots of barberry are not washed, but only well cleaned of the earth, otherwise the alkaloid berberine will dissolve in water.
Barberry tincture recipe on moonshine
The simplest recipe for barberry moonshine allows you to get a soft liqueur with a candy aroma. It is simple to prepare it, no special ingredients are needed:
- moonshine - 2 l;
- barberry - 2 tbsp. l .;
- fresh honey - 2 tbsp. l .;
- dark and light raisins - 5 pcs.;
- cumin or cloves - 4 pcs.
Step by step instructions for cooking:
- Rinse the berries well, pour with moonshine, add honey and spices.
- Insist for 15 to 30 days in a dark place.
- Strain and serve.
It can be used as a general tonic by adding 15 drops each. in tea once a day.
No less pleasant and healthy barberry tincture on moonshine with cognac and spices. To prepare it you will need:
- moonshine - 1 l;
- cognac - 50 g;
- barberry - 0.5 kg;
- cinnamon - a pinch;
- sugar - ¾ st.;
- water - 1 tbsp.;
- lemon - ½ pc.
How to cook:
- Add all ingredients to the jar except water and sugar.
- Mix well and leave for a month in the dark, then strain and squeeze the berries.
- Boil the sugar syrup, pour into the infusion and mix.
- Filter by any means, bottle and rest for 5 months. During this time, the barberry will acquire a pleasant taste.
A delicious moonshine liqueur is made from frozen barberry berries, which will suit the festive table. Ingredients:
- high-quality moonshine - 1 liter;
- barberry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 500 g;
- ginger - a pinch;
- vanilla - a pinch.
- Rinse the berries, sprinkle with sugar.
- Add grated ginger and a pinch of vanilla.
- Pour everything with moonshine and leave for 1.5 months in the closet.
- Drain and filter through cheesecloth several times.
Recipe for barberry tincture on vodka
Barberry tinctures on vodka are most often used to treat gallstone disease, hepatitis and other liver damage. Classic recipe:
- vodka - 1 tbsp.;
- barberry - 40 pcs.
- Sort the berries, rinse and add vodka.
- Insist 16 days in the dark, then strain.
- Store the infusion in a dark glass bottle.
- Drink 25 drops. three times a day. The course of treatment is at least a month.
For various female ailments and uterine bleeding, a tincture of dry berries and barberry leaves helps well. They prepare it simply:
- vodka - 500 ml;
- berries - 50 g;
- leaves - 50 g.
- Grind the leaves, sort the berries.
- Pour raw materials into a bottle, pour vodka and seal tightly.
- Insist 7 days in a dark place, drain.
- Store in a dark glass container. Drink a course 3 weeks before meals 3 times a day.
For the treatment of stomach ulcers and rubbing, you can prepare a special tincture of fresh barberry. Ingredients:
- barberry - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vodka - 0.5 l;
- granulated sugar - 2.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
- Sort the berries, wash, crush with a rolling pin and sprinkle with sugar.
- Leave overnight to let the barberry juice.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle, pour in high-quality vodka and seal tightly.
- Insist for about 14 days, stirring constantly.
Strain the finished product and store in the cellar. Before preparing compresses or rubbing, warm the tincture at room temperature.
As an anti-cold remedy, a medicinal tincture of barberry on vodka is prepared. This will require:
- vodka - 0.5 tbsp.;
- berries - 20 g.
- Sort the barberry, pour vodka and leave for 21 days.
- After that, drain and strain the barberry.
- Take 2 times 20 drops. a day, during the period of colds.
For external use, a tincture is prepared from fresh barberry berries and high-quality vodka:
- vodka - 0.5 l;
- berries - 2 tbsp. l.
How to cook properly:
- Crush the berries, add vodka and leave for 2-3 weeks.
- Strain and drain into a dark glass bottle.
- From the infusion, prepare compresses for sore spots or rubbing.
Barberry tincture recipe for alcohol
Alcohol tinctures on the root of barberry are used as compresses and rubbing. They are applied to sore spots as prescribed by a doctor. The simplest rubbing alcohol tincture:
- alcohol - 100 ml;
- barberry root - 30 g.
- The root is crushed, filled with alcohol.
- Insist for about a month in a dark place.
- The infusion is filtered, poured into a dark container and stored in the refrigerator.
From the leaves of barberry and alcohol, you can prepare an infusion for weight loss, which is taken orally under the supervision of a doctor. For this you will need:
- alcohol - 0.5 tbsp.;
- dry leaves - 1 tbsp. l.
How to make an infusion correctly:
- Chop the leaves, add alcohol.
- Insist 14 days, then drain.
- Take the infusion for 14 days, 15-20 drops. twice a day.
For the preparation of medicinal tinctures, which treat liver diseases, dried barberry bark is used. The recipe is simple:
- bark - 150 g;
- alcohol 40% - 0.5 l.
- Grind dry raw materials, pour into a bottle and pour in diluted alcohol.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- Strain and take for medicinal purposes, 15-20 drops. before eating.
Instructions for the use of barberry tincture
Since alcoholic tinctures have a strong healing effect, they are used in small quantities. The course of therapy is indicated in each prescription, after which they take a short break. Repeat treatment if necessary.
Liqueurs and tinctures of barberry on moonshine are also allowed to drink 25 ml per day exclusively for treatment.
It is important to remember that all barberry tinctures are taken according to a specially selected scheme, which will be suggested by the attending physician or traditional healer. In order for the remedy to work and be beneficial, they drink it in 20 minutes. before meals and do not drink water. It is not worthwhile to combine alcoholic tinctures and other medicines without consulting a doctor.
Advice! If it is difficult to drink alcohol tincture, you can add a few drops of honey to it.
Barberry tinctures have a tonic effect, so they are taken in the morning or at lunchtime, unless otherwise indicated in the recipe. A surge of strength and vivacity can be felt after 7 days of using the infusion. If this does not happen, then the dose can be increased.
There are no absolute contraindications to the use of barberry tincture on moonshine, but it should be taken with caution by allergy sufferers. In addition, barberry can thicken the blood, this should be taken into account for various diseases.
It is impossible to combine barberry tinctures with aspirin or anticoagulant drugs. This can lead to blood clots.
It is forbidden to give alcoholic infusions to children, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Despite all the medicinal qualities of barberry infusion, it must be abandoned in a number of cases:
- Uterine bleeding caused by retained placenta.
- Bleeding due to ovarian dysfunction.
- Gastritis and stomach ulcers in the acute stage.
In addition, abuse of the infusion and increasing the dose unnecessarily leads to a sharp decrease in blood pressure.
Warning! The infusion is harmful to people with chronic hypotension.
Terms and conditions of storage
Barberry infusion on moonshine can be stored for a long time. The longer it stands, the stronger it gets. Medicinal effects are enhanced.
It is better to keep all alcoholic tinctures in a tightly sealed container made of dark glass in a place where there is no access to sunlight. The optimum storage temperature is + 5 ... + 10 ° С. You can remove the vials with tinctures in the cellar or refrigerator.
Barberry tincture is beneficial only if it is used correctly. This is a powerful remedy that will help to heal the body and restore strength.