We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The fence for the flowerbed is necessary so that the flower garden acquires a finished look. Thanks to him, the site looks more decorative and well-groomed.
This decor also solves a few more tasks:
- guests will know where to not step;
- a uniform style is created on the site;
- flowers will be protected from pets;
- You can divide the site into different zones;
- the fence will prevent the growth of plants in the area.
Purchased types of fences
In stores, plastic products are usually widely represented. They can have different shapes and colors. You can also purchase decorative fences made of wood or forged, but they are expensive. In view of this, it is better to make a fence yourself. As a material, churbaki, stones, willow rods, bottles of glass and plastic are suitable.
Widespread plastic borders. They can be represented as:
The tape is good because it is not afraid of ultraviolet radiation. Installing it is also very easy. Another advantage - it prevents plants from sprouting beyond the flower garden. However, the service life is short.
Decorative bowls can be made of concrete. Also, shapes such as a polygon and a square are made from it. You can install garden fences for flower beds in different ways: drown in the ground or, conversely, make them rise above it. Advantages: resistance to temperature changes, moisture and the sun. Products can be painted.
Making a metal fence with your own hands is quite difficult. Usually it is carried out to order by specialized companies. In this case, it is necessary to clearly understand how the fence should look and know its size. The presented products can be painted, but they are very expensive.
How to make a decorative fence for a flower bed with your own hands
Products made by yourself
It is recommended to make fencing of logs, twigs or pegs. They not only look spectacular, but also gradually decomposing in the soil, they will fill it with nutrients. In winter, the tree freezes less than plastic, and ultimately the roots of the plant will be protected.
Flowerbed of logs
With your own hands, a fence for a flower bed can be made from logs. Logs should be approximately the same height and diameter. About 20 centimeters will go deep into the soil. A groove is dug around the flower garden. Chumps will be installed in it tightly to each other. Then their lower part is sprinkled with earth. If you treat the logs with a special tool and clean it from the bark, they can last you half a century. Chumps can be replaced with pegs if desired.
You can make a fence of willow twigs. Wicker fencing looks very attractive. The manufacturing process will require effort.
You will be able to get willow rods near a reservoir. Harvesting is best done in the spring. At this time, the bark has a light color, it is removed well. The manufacturing process is as follows:
- clear the rods from the bark;
- trim them so that each element has one length;
- pegs are installed around the perimeter of the flower garden. Their diameter should reach 3 centimeters. The closer the pegs stand from each other, the stronger the wattle will come out;
- the principle of weaving is the same as that of baskets. First, the rods are passed in front of the stakes, then behind them;
- after 3-4 rows are done, the structure should be sealed - tap it with a rubber mallet;
- the ends are fixed by nailing them to the pegs.
Fences made of brick or stone
The brick fences in the photo look impressive. There are many options for laying the presented building material. It goes well with metal, pebbles, paving tiles, wood.
Features of the choice of species
The fence for flower beds and beds is chosen based on the location of the flower bed and the style of the garden. The fence should be in harmony with the buildings located on the site. When located in the central part, solid and durable products made of metal or artificial stone are often chosen. The design of the fence can be any: solid or consisting of individual elements.
Of the materials for flower beds, stone is often used. The border made of it looks noble, but it is recommended to use cement to fasten individual elements. In this case, large stones are pressed into the solution, and small stones are fastened with a mixture, with the addition of glue.
If you choose a brick instead of stones, laying it will be much easier. Brick fences are ideal for country style gardens.
Decorative fences in the garden
- The border for the flower garden should look good in the photo and in real life. Place the fence so that it does not get lost on the site, but does not stand out too much - everything should be beautiful and natural.
- The height is selected so that guests and pets do not trample the plants.
- Concrete fences require deepening into the soil. To give them a decorative effect, it is enough to paint.
- They try to arrange metal and forged products in the central part of the garden. They attract attention and can become a real decoration of the site.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about options for making a vertical flowerbed for petunias with our own hands.
You can make a fence with your own hands, there is nothing complicated about it. The installation procedure includes the following steps:
- first make sure that all elements of the curb are even;
- determine the path of the flower garden;
- dig a groove, it should be no deeper than 8 centimeters;
- then you can dig in the curb;
- if you plan to create a curved fence, you can use pegs so as not to get confused with the shape;
- after you put up a fence made of improvised materials, you should tamp it;
- further tamper can be decorated with bulk materials;
- if the fence is low, do not dig out the groove.
Rules for combining with garden design
Borders from improvised materials should look good, as in the photo in glossy gardening publications. It is important to determine the general style of the garden and fences in advance. If there are paths on the site, it is recommended to produce the same material for the construction of the enclosing decor of flower beds.
Do-it-yourself fences need to blend in harmoniously with the landscape. They should not stand out sharply or be invisible. Connect creativity and imagination! Garden borders can become a highlight of the seasonal dacha!
We offer you to learn how to make a pyramidal flowerbed yourself.
In the garden, you can use not only a metal fence for flower beds, but also things that you previously actively used, and now they have become unnecessary utensils. Often you can make real masterpieces from improvised materials.
- With your own hands you can make an original flower garden from old clothes. Just fill it with soil mixed with sand or stones, then plant the plants.
- The flowerbed made of the sink will look original on the photo. It is recommended to plant an annual alisum in it.
- A unique fence from improvised materials is obtained if you use old plumbing. Fencing from an old bathroom or toilet will surprise all neighbors.
- The photo looks great borders made of mesh filled with stones. They look very aesthetically pleasing. Of the components you will need: wire, mesh, tongs for metal, decorative stones. To create a presented border with your own hands is simple.
Varieties of fences for flower beds
Flower garden fences can be purchased at the store or completed independently. From completely unnecessary things can turn out excellent borders that will become a real decoration of the garden.