Fusariosis is a disease that asters are prone to. It occurs on the bottom of the stem and leaves. Dark streaks appear at the root neck. Leaves turn yellow, curl. Affected plants must be removed. Lime is poured into the hole.
There are no varieties that are not susceptible to the development of the presented disease. Young flowers are rarely affected, fusarium is noted during the flowering period. Earlier we talked about the features of growing asters, today we will talk about measures that will help prevent the onset of the disease.
What to do
- Planting asters in the same place is not recommended. The causative agent of the disease persists in the soil for a long time. If the site is small, it is recommended to plant marigold and marigolds in the place where asters will later be planted. They will saturate the soil with volatile production.
- Before planting flowers, make compost or humus. Fresh manure should not be used, it will strengthen the course of the disease.
- Soil should be treated with phytosporin or potassium permanganate. Fitosporin is also treated with seeds.
- Spray pest preparations periodically.
- It is better to plant an aster in inflated areas, since it needs constant watering, but stagnation of water will be detrimental to the plant.
- Astra and foliar top dressing and seed soaking in a trace element solution will protect. In this case, the color of the petals becomes very bright.
- The most resistant plants are those grown by sowing seeds directly into the soil. In this case, the varieties should be early.
Why fusarium appears and how to prevent its appearance
Fusarium in asters appears as a result of the action of a fungus of the genus Fusarium. Despite the fact that there are many preventive measures, a tool that would completely protect against the onset of the disease has not yet been invented.
Do not plant flowers close to each other. The distance between them should be well ventilated. Affected plants are removed and burned. Do not bury them in the ground or put in compost. The most effective drug after illness is "Maksim". Among other things, copper sulfate is also suitable. Those asters that are not infected are treated with a potassium permanganate solution. So the disease will not go further, and such spraying will not harm the astram.
The application of the above methods will help protect the flowers from death!